YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden [2D fighter for 3DS] (Read 282695 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 17, 2015, 07:18:07 pm
Share this topic:
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden [2D fighter for 3DS]
#1  February 17, 2015, 07:18:07 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dragon-ball-z-extreme-budoten-announced-3ds

Due out this summer in Japan, the game will feature over 100 fighters in both one-on-one and team battles. Players will be able to employ “Ultimate Arts” finishing moves, as well as support from characters like Bulma and Chichi via “Z Assist.”

I had to do a double take when i saw that SSJ Goku vs Freeza picture these sprites look so much like Balthazar's.
Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:55:02 am by Iced
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden [3DS]
#2  February 17, 2015, 07:22:41 pm
    • Germany
New Dragon Ball Z 2D fighting game revealed for 3DS.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden slated for summer with roster of 100+, Z Assist

The April issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that the 2D fighting game franchise Dragon Ball Z: Butōden will arrive on the Nintendo 3DS this summer. Bandai Namco Games' Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden will feature over 100 fighters in both one-on-one and team battles.

Players can employ "Ultimate Arts" finishing moves, and the game will feature unique layouts and stages. With "Z Assist," Bulma and Chichi (among other characters) will provide support to players via Bulma's inventions from Capsule and Chichi's fury (which fills the screen with a giant speech balloon of her venting).

Source: animenewsnetwork

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden [3DS]
#3  February 17, 2015, 07:23:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
saw that earlier it looks pretty good, hoping the gameplay is interesting.
Re: Dragon Ball Z Extreme Budoten [2D fighter for 3DS]
#4  February 17, 2015, 07:27:23 pm
    • Germany
Thx for merging, I was posting to slow again. =/
#5  February 17, 2015, 07:49:00 pm
those sprites are amazing. they look kinda similar to Z2's style, don't they?

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6  February 17, 2015, 07:50:26 pm
  • SNK is life
Damn, those sprites look CRISP. Get hype.
#7  February 17, 2015, 07:57:30 pm
    • Argentina
I want those sprites, NAO! I'm drowning in my own drool and it's just a scan. I can't wait to see more about this game, mostly because of the sprites.
Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:01:15 pm by HadeS
#8  February 17, 2015, 08:03:01 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
That sprite style looks a bit too close to the Z2 one.
Guess they saw what a big hit the fangame was and tried something on their own?

Still looks pretty hype and seems we're getting GT guys too because of the Nuova Shenron dude
#9  February 17, 2015, 08:35:57 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
it is looking pretty good hope it play nicely
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#10  February 17, 2015, 08:39:28 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Here we go with the "official company sprites look similar to fan style" and I await the "official company took ideas from fans." It's going to be Evil Ken/Violent Ken all over again.

Game looks nifty though.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait for them to remove the characters from versions outside of Japan because we never got some of the specials. Say goodbye to Tarble and Chilled.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#11  February 17, 2015, 08:41:42 pm
    • USA
It looks exactly like one would expect from ASW, really crisp and detailed :)

Too bad all of this artwork is wasted on the 3DS :|
#12  February 17, 2015, 08:46:07 pm
  • SNK is life
Here we go with the "official company sprites look similar to fan style" and I await the "official company took ideas from fans." It's going to be Evil Ken/Violent Ken all over again.
What if it did, and the EVO announcement served to gauge interest of the community?

You make it sound like a bad thing :P Who else should be hyped, if not us, the actual target audience?
#13  February 17, 2015, 08:47:06 pm
EDIT: Also, I can't wait for them to remove the characters from versions outside of Japan because we never got some of the specials. Say goodbye to Tarble and Chilled.
Whis, Bils and SSJ God Goku didn't get removed from Xenoverse. I Can't think of any DBZ game that removed characters outside of Japan because the movie was never released there.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#14  February 17, 2015, 08:48:29 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Tarble wasn't cut from Raging Blast 2 so i don't see why they would do it with this game if it's localized.
#15  February 17, 2015, 08:49:41 pm
Where Future Trunks w/ Sword at? I must see him in this glorious art style.
#16  February 17, 2015, 08:54:23 pm
    • USA
Whis, Bils and SSJ God Goku didn't get removed from Xenoverse. I Can't think of any DBZ game that removed characters outside of Japan because the movie was never released there.

That mostly happened in the past (Like during the Budokai games era where they removed the Neko Majin Z content from B2 or when Supersonic Warriors also got its NMZ assist character removed) but it's not a common practice nowadays so I really doubt they'll remove anything. We're even getting Jaco in Xenoverse worldwide.
#17  February 17, 2015, 08:58:30 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
You make it sound like a bad thing :P Who else should be hyped, if not us, the actual target audience?
I'm not saying that it's bad. But people saying that ideas were used from a [set of] character(s) from a fan based source is ridiculous. Giant companies are perfectly capable of coming up with their own ideas on their own. Besides the fact that they're both based off of existing characters that have been around for, literally, 20 years, there's always a chance of having similar ideas as far as attacks are concerned. Overlapping ideas happen all the time.  I think the mentioning of "idea theft" is stupid.

Those characters are from BoG which was released in the US. I don't know about elsewhere though.  I just recall the Neko Majin Z and Kurīza thing from a few games ago.

If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#18  February 17, 2015, 08:59:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
crossing my fingers that this doesnt turn into another tap battle.

Several of those chars are obviously assist only.

I can see in the screenshots

playable:
Raditz
Nappa
armored Vegeta
ssjgoku
ssj2gohan
Superbuu(or kid buu? One of them )
Gogeta
Cell
Freeza

Non playable
Dr Briefs
Dende
Yajirobe
Bulma
Chichi
Presenter

Unknown:
Yamcha
Mr satan

If I had to bet I would say that devilman and a bunch of those others are in just as strikers.

Im amused they have so many of my personal picks for a fullgame :)

Those characters are from BoG which was released in the US. I don't know about elsewhere though.  I just recall the Neko Majin Z and Kurīza thing from a few games ago.
Budokai 3 was still on the ps2, there has been 3 tenkaichi and god knows how many other games since.
#19  February 17, 2015, 09:01:50 pm
That mostly happened in the past (Like during the Budokai games era where they removed the Neko Majin Z content from B2 or when Supersonic Warriors also got its NMZ assist character removed) but it's not a common practice nowadays so I really doubt they'll remove anything. We're even getting Jaco in Xenoverse worldwide.
Neko Majin Z is definitely a different issue, there is a licence for him over here and I never even knew he was in any Budokai game (having never played the Japanese versions). If he was removed, it wasn't because his title didn't come out, but just because no one would even understand. Meanwhile, for Tarble and Chilled, the connection is pretty obvious even if you haven't seen their movie.
BoG wasn't released over here and yet I'm pretty sure we still have them (well I haven't played XV yet but I'd have heard about it). Think worldwide.
Ah, right, Kuriiza, I do remember about him. Yeah, he was cut over here, even though the manga is licensed here.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#20  February 17, 2015, 09:03:54 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Oh my god, those sprites look amazingly well done, I really can't wait to see it in action.

I see they'll be putting some GT villains in there as well. Here hoping they will put the rest of the Shadow Dragons (or at least part of the rest) this time, because it feels weird to include the Shadow Dragons saga when nearly every game always only includes three of the seven Dragons (two of them just being a recolor from each other).

Shit