Grape Looking “Thing” Found Inside Egg

AmandaGraceS

Hatching
Apr 15, 2015
OK; here’s a puzzler for you! I am cracking open eggs and discover this grape-looking thing in one of my eggs. It wasn’t really attached to anything; it was just included inside the egg shell. The yolk and egg white were normal in every other way. I didn’t open the little mass up to investigate further (gross!). Help me?

Thanks in advance ~ Amanda

An egg inside an egg – that sounds a lot better than an ovarian cyst or some sort of tumor! Is it correct that the “mass” you’re referring to as an egg would be consistent to the firmness of a grape?

Just found one in one of my eggs today. Grossed me out wondering what it could be. Mine was a little lighter, but felt just like a tiny grape. It was filled with egg white type material, no yolk.

Last edited:
That is an egg inside your egg. I have seen that happen several times over the 50+ years I have kept chickens.
Hey there, I think I got one of these, mine was white and a little oval shaped.
; It had the consistency of an overripe grape.
An egg inside an egg – that sounds a lot better than an ovarian cyst or some sort of tumor! Is it correct that the “mass” you’re referring to as an egg would be consistent to the firmness of a grape?

That is an egg inside your egg. I have seen that happen several times over the 50+ years I have kept chickens.

Attachments

• 20220725_124151.jpg
    20220725_124151.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220725_124145.jpg
    20220725_124145.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom