Age of Ultron Which route should they go with Quicksilver's costume?

tnr105

Civilian
Reaction score
Might be too early to discuss this, but what the hell? What kind of look would you like to see Pietro have on screen?

The Green? Indicative of his time with the Brotherhood...which they can't reference.
Quicksilver3.jpg

The Blue, more heroic and calls back to his time on the Avengers...
250px-Quicksilver!.jpg

Or would you rather they do what they did with Hawkeye and going the Ultimates route (Clint's uniform and status as a SHILED Agent; let's just say the costume for Pietro)

200px-Quicksilver_Ultimate_003.jpg

I'm sure they'll tweak the suit, make it something that calls back to the comics rather than being a direct translation; but which one of these looks do you think wold make the best template?

I have a feeling it'll look more like this...

kudRUBE.jpg

Something that does harken back to the green Brotherhood outfit at the beginning. Maybe well worn looking, like the twins have been on the run for some time. Once with the team (if that's what does happen) then blue and silver all the way.

I'm not sure that they'll outfit him with a costume for this outing. If he starts the film from outside of S.H.I.E.L.D., then I don't think he'll have "earned" a costume yet - if he does, it'll be basic and should also account for the air friction of super speed...

If he starts out as a "project" from S.H.I.E.L.D. and is already a part of the team at the beginning of the film, then they'll go the Hawkeye route, and Pietro will make his own modifications to the suit to better match his personality.

Quicksilver_InfCru_1.jpg

I hope they go with the blue one beacuse it´s my favourite. Very light colors in my experience tho, have a tendency to look just a wee bit ridiculous on screen.

It´s usually better to make dark costumes because they seem more serious lol. But if they can, I would like for them to make a costume like the on in the picture :)

Assuming they aren't SHIELD-related somehow, why would they be wearing anything other than civies? The concept of brightly-colored superheroes is still somewhat new novel* to the MCU.

Even accounting for the air resistance, comfort, and flexibility, we can draw inspiration from how "regular" people deal with the issue. In this case, the best I can come up with is cyclist spandex. Bonus points for it being brightly-colored spandex. Alternately, maybe biker leather.

EDIT:
*OK, "New" isn't the right word here, since Cap was donning a colorful costume in WWII, and specifically refers to the notion as "old-fashioned" in TA. But it's still not something that most people would probably ever expect to see, let alone think of doing themselves (look at J.A.R.'s character in Agents o SHIELD).

Last edited:
I hate the Ultimate look. Most generic costume ever. It's as bad as the leather outfits in X-Men movies. Thankfully Joss said Wanda would be a combination of Ultimate and 616 so Quicksilver will probably be the same and have more blue or green in his costume.

It will probably be similar to the costumes of Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury and Falcon. Its mostly black.

I hope it's the blue. That's his coolest costume to me.

quicksilver.jpg

Sure it looks like a Tron costume but I'd want this!

I like the Tron suit too!

I am sure he will have a proper costume and just not a black one. Hawkeye being like that is because he works for shield.
Ofc one can always give Pietro a black suit anyways but it made sense Hawkeyes didn´t have his original suit since he worked for Shield.
If they do that to Pietro, I don´t know if I´ll consider it as understandable.

There can only be one green guy in the team! I say blue or black with blueish Tron stripes! :D

Also, Hawkeye's comic costume is rather singularly awful, as far as adaptation potential goes. A blue, or even green, bodysuit, OTOH, is easier to sell. Think about stuff like athletic bodysuits, which these days are often designed for aerodynamic efficiency.

I want that blue/silver bodysuit where the lightning bolt sort of runs throughout the costume and basically "divides" it into the two colors.

quicksilver-costume5.jpg

0fc37bd60286ba71150458a1604211df.jpg

^That combined with the ultimate uniform would work fine.

I'm not entirely sure what the rationale for the twins wearing costumes will be. For Iron Man, it's his suit of armor. For Thor, he's an Asgardian. For Captain America, it's his uniform as a soldier/agent. For Hulk...well duh. And for the Hawkeye and Black Widow, they're SHIELD agents. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will most likely be none of that.

I'm not entirely sure what the rationale for the twins wearing costumes will be.

Escalation, as Gordon put it in BB. We got this colorful bunch of heroes gaining notoriety among the public after the battle in New York, so the villains retaliate with their own gang of misfits that would instead garner infamy, while simultaneously providing a distraction for the real mastermind as he works in the shadows. Quicksilver's costume also doubles as an outfit that would provide resistance to the negative effects of his powers.

This is an Ultron movie.

He'd be the mastermind in this scenario. Like when he lead the Masters of Evil while posing as the Crimson Cowl. In the MCU version, he'd be the hidden benefactor for an incarnation of the MoE that includes Wanda and Pietro, or it'd just be those two working for him.

I think something like this could possibly work; make it a sort of jogger's suit, which would suit his abilities.
tumblr_mcs7cu9WkB1r6hhvqo1_r3_1280.jpg

I'd like to see the blue color scheme; but I think it goes without saying that they need to ditch the disco collar.
quicksilver.png

I think something like this could possibly work; make it a sort of jogger's suit, which would suit his abilities.
tumblr_mcs7cu9WkB1r6hhvqo1_r3_1280.jpg

I'd like to see the blue color scheme; but I think it goes without saying that they need to ditch the disco collar.
quicksilver.png

Ding ding ding.... Winner by a KO!!! That top image other than the sneakers, is exactly it, as is the hair. I don't have to see anymore suggestions.

Ohh, I thought they were legit until now.

Yeah it´s not to be completely trusted, you are right :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"