1960 Miller-Meteor Cadillac - Hemmings.com

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Cyber-Wizard, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    NOTE: This is not my car nor do I know the owner. I'm just sharing an ad that I found online.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/02/07/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1960-miller-meteor-cadillac/

$11,995?????!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  3. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

:49: :eek3: :eek: Man if I could have a project!!! :eek: :eek3: :49:

4. teej

teej Well-Known Member

Great fins! Great doors! Classic Caddy grill! Wow, this thing could be so sharp. I'd love to have the time, money, and room for something like this. And it would take a lot of all three.

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'd seriously worry about those rear-hinged rear doors, and the fact there is no center pillar. It's gonna have major wind noise, leaks, etc that you will probably never be able to fix. Surprised I don't see more evidence of rust in that area.

6. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    The lack of a center pillar allows loading and unloading of a patient/body/corpse from the side on a stretcher, or even a casket. Early hearses were like this, and this one had a dual-option to it. Might be a bit noisy, but the customer probably couldn't have cared, either way.

7. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Coaches in these years are either 1 just a end loader , the casket is loaded from the rear only 2. a 3-way which can be loaded from the left or right or the rear. or 3 a combination /hearse ambulance that had reversible rollers and attendant seats that folded up or down to create a flat surface with rollers to be used as as a hearse or the roller are flipped over and the seat down and 4 a straight ambulance. The side doors have hinges heavy as hell and some if have grease fittings on the hinges to keep everything moving. When adjusted and aligned they shut nice and tight. The 3-ways could have either a power table or manual table with power you hit a button and it all comes in and out automatically .My 62 the gold coach as option that is not seen to often it has leveler[​IMG] that can level the coach if it is on hill or crown the road. This hearse in the Hemming's add is only used for transporting the casket. The last pic is of a 69 I owed and the doors shut like a bank vault. It is a 3-way also. last pic is of my 68 3-way. Ambulance , flower cars and service cars where built on the Cadillac commercial chassis and lots of other builders did station wagons, sedan delivers or they would even convert a 4 door sedan into just about any configuration you wanted. The red one is my 61 S&S endloader.The red 66 is just a ambulance used for nothing but emergency work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Dan, you have some beautiful coaches. :bowdown:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  9. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Coaches

Thanks I guess I should clarify that ones that I own at the present are the 61,62 ,68 and last my 65 Olds. The other pics are just to show the different types built on the commercial chassis.

Attached Files:

10. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Dude! I love coaches. I have a book on them by Gregg Merksamer. I wish that I had one. Someday I might. Take good care of things. How long have you had then and have you had any others or are these the only ones?